How keeping an eye on corporate travel trends gives your company a leg up on planning your business travel policy and budget.
Each summer, Carlson Wagonlit Travel offers business travel buyers around the world a look at corporate travel rates and the economic influencers that drive it. This summary version of our full report is intended to assist travel buyers in North America as they budget for the coming year.
In the 2018 report, you’ll learn the:
- Impact of global economic growth and geopolitical shifts on the cost of corporate travel
- How the United States’ ‘America first’ position could affect corporate travel rates
- Key risk drivers to watch for, including interest rates, monetary policy, inflation, job growth and oil prices, among others
- How a passenger capacity increase could complicate airline pricing
- How carrier competition will drive pricing in 2018
- Impact of hotel consolidation on corporate travel rates
- How a shift in the car rental market toward profitability might affect your travel budget